cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a simple dropbox viewer

Creating a simple dropbox viewer

Standa Fy
Explorer | Level 4

I need to create a simple embedded preview of dropbox with the ability to programmatically navigate to folder based on path and otherwise view the contents. What would be a good way to achieve this? Is it possible to use prebuilt components to this purpose(likely embedder) or do I need to create custom app?

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Standa Fy wrote:

... What would be a good way to achieve this? Is it possible to use prebuilt components to this purpose(likely embedder) or do I need to create custom app?

Hm..🤔 There is no simple answer to your question. It's matter of your design decision and other application details (the devil is in details 🙂). In general Dropbox Embedder should be able (and it used to be able) to handle such a task in a simplistic way. For a while already it is not able though. As seems there is some bug (probably related to some internal reorganization) that was reported, but no any move related to this bug has been observed yet unfortunately. You may organize passed link's folder tree navigation in, but when you need to open particular document, it will bring up in new frame. If this is Ok for you, then Yes, it is possible; otherwise No. Of course, custom app is always an option when Dropbox Embedder alone doesn't fit to your needs.

Good luck.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?