cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Shared Workspace assigned just to new Business accounts or are the old ones converted as well?

Is a Shared Workspace assigned just to new Business accounts or are the old ones converted as well?

dflow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have read in this answer about the difference of Team Folder and Shared Workspace.
It is states that Shared Workspace is a newer feature.

I see that when I fetch https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/namespaces/list

I receive only one namespace with the team_folder tag:

"name""MyCompanie's shared workspace"
".tag""team_folder"

But what can I expect from old Business accounts, that existed before the Shared Workspace feature?
Have those accounts been converted to support this, or will they return the old structure without a shared workspace and where you could have lots of folders with team_folder tag?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Some but not all older teams have been migrated to use a team space, so some teams do not have a team space and will return multiple team folders in that list.

You can find information on using the different configurations via the API in the Team Files Guide.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Some but not all older teams have been migrated to use a team space, so some teams do not have a team space and will return multiple team folders in that list.

You can find information on using the different configurations via the API in the Team Files Guide.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?