cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to programmatically disconnect the Dropbox integration OAuth2 app on behalf of my user?

How to programmatically disconnect the Dropbox integration OAuth2 app on behalf of my user?

user44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have developed an OAuth2 integration of our app with Dropbox. I would like to know what is the API endpoint for disconnecting the integration on behalf of our app's user, who say wants to disconnect the 2 way communication between our app and Dropbox. 

I could find the /token/revoke endpoint but same is just revoking the existing access token and refresh token and not actually disconnecting our integration from the Dropbox user's Dropbox-account. This leads to nuisance of our app keep getting hit by webhooks based notifications for this user even when they have disconnected our integration.

I searched on internet and found this SOF post, just curious if there is any change since then.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@user44 Ð—дравко is correct; the Dropbox API still does not offer a way to programmatically disconnect the user from the app entirely (as opposed to only revoking a particular token).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

No any changes yet unfortunately. 🤷

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@user44 Ð—дравко is correct; the Dropbox API still does not offer a way to programmatically disconnect the user from the app entirely (as opposed to only revoking a particular token).

user44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for responding @Здравко and @Greg-DB, Is there a work around or what best can be done in this situation, we would not like to keep getting hit by webhooks for users who are no longer using our Dropbox integration. 

Need more support?