cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to disconnect the OAuth2 integration app from Dropbox via an API call

No way to disconnect the OAuth2 integration app from Dropbox via an API call

user44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

As there is no way to totally disconnect the OAuth2 integration app via an API call, what best can be done to not to get hit by webhooks for users who have disconnected our Dropbox integration. I am looking for a work around, or what can be next best possible steps.

I understand we can revoke the tokens and delete the same from our side, but we still keep getting webhooks for the subject user from Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To turn off the webhook notifications for a connected user, the user would need to disconnect the app from their account, which they can do via https://www.dropbox.com/account/connected_apps so you may want to ask them to do so. This is a manual process of course, so that's not ideal, and I've sent this along as a feature request for a programmatic alternative.

Unfortunately there isn't a good workaround to use instead directly from the app or developer's side. If the app is in development status and you want to disconnect all users, you can use the "Unlink all users" button on the app's page on the App Console. That would prevent any further webhook notifications as well as any/all further API calls for all connected users; there isn't a way to do this for just some particular user(s) though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To turn off the webhook notifications for a connected user, the user would need to disconnect the app from their account, which they can do via https://www.dropbox.com/account/connected_apps so you may want to ask them to do so. This is a manual process of course, so that's not ideal, and I've sent this along as a feature request for a programmatic alternative.

Unfortunately there isn't a good workaround to use instead directly from the app or developer's side. If the app is in development status and you want to disconnect all users, you can use the "Unlink all users" button on the app's page on the App Console. That would prevent any further webhook notifications as well as any/all further API calls for all connected users; there isn't a way to do this for just some particular user(s) though.

user44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

thanks 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

user44 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?