cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does Changing Password to Dropbox will affect the API key or Token.

Does Changing Password to Dropbox will affect the API key or Token.

Jay0203
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I would like to change my password to my dropbox but i not sure if my API key or Token will be reset also if i did change my password.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Jay0203 Здравко is correct; changing an account's password does not affect any app keys, app secrets, access tokens, or refresh tokens for that account. Those can all be managed separately, e.g., via the App Console or Connected Apps page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Jay0203,

No. Changing your account password is not supposed to affect neither any application key (including on your own application) nor issued token. Application key is something application specific. It identifies the application itself, not anything else (like an account, including your, and cannot be affected by password change on particular account). Token of any kind (including access token and refresh token) can not be affected in a retroactive way (including by password change).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Jay0203 Здравко is correct; changing an account's password does not affect any app keys, app secrets, access tokens, or refresh tokens for that account. Those can all be managed separately, e.g., via the App Console or Connected Apps page.

Need more support?