cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load files inside same i frame

Load files inside same i frame

Nihad1
Explorer | Level 4

Question: "I'm working on integrating Dropbox into my web application using the Dropbox Drop-ins library. Currently, I'm able to load a folder from Dropbox using the Chooser, but I'm facing an issue. When a user selects a file from the folder, it opens in a new tab with the Dropbox website. However, I want the selected file to open within the same iframe where the folder is loaded. How can I achieve this behavior?"

Context: I'm using the Dropbox Drop-ins library to allow users to select files from their Dropbox account and interact with them within my web application. While the initial folder selection works smoothly, I'm struggling to handle file selection events and load the selected file within the same iframe.

Desired Outcome: I want to ensure a seamless user experience where selected files from Dropbox open within the same iframe, avoiding the need for users to navigate away from my application.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Nihad1 wrote:

... When a user selects a file from the folder, it opens in a new tab with the Dropbox website. However, I want the selected file to open within the same iframe where the folder is loaded. How can I achieve this behavior?" ...

Hi @Nihad1,

Actually you cannot open directory in such a way (on your own iframe). Dropbox won't let you. Most probably you're using Dropbox Embedder.

Your actual question refers to an ongoing bug. It's good that more people (including you now) signal for this bug and let's hope it will be fixed soon. This bug resides for a while already and Dropbox team seems not too much engaged with though. Let's hope this will change.

Good luck to all of us.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@Nihad1 wrote:

... When a user selects a file from the folder, it opens in a new tab with the Dropbox website. However, I want the selected file to open within the same iframe where the folder is loaded. How can I achieve this behavior?" ...

Hi @Nihad1,

Actually you cannot open directory in such a way (on your own iframe). Dropbox won't let you. Most probably you're using Dropbox Embedder.

Your actual question refers to an ongoing bug. It's good that more people (including you now) signal for this bug and let's hope it will be fixed soon. This bug resides for a while already and Dropbox team seems not too much engaged with though. Let's hope this will change.

Good luck to all of us.

Nihad1
Explorer | Level 4

is there is any other options?

To implement this feature from zero on your own.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Nihad1 As Здравко said, it sounds like you're referring to displaying the contents of the folder using the Dropbox Embedder. This is currently open with the team and I'll follow up here with any updates.

Nihad1
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your attention to this matter

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nihad1 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?