cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: List Created Files After given Using API

List Created Files After given Using API

dhruvin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to list files that are created after a given date. I want to do this using API. There isn't any creation date for files and folders. Any other way to do this?

Also, another query,

under .tag = deleted, we receive files and folders which have been deleted. But we can't separate or identify whether a deleted item is a file or folder.

{ 
    ".tag": "deleted",
    "name": "Gofiles",
    "path_lower": "/documents/gofiles",
    "path_display": "/Documents/Gofiles"
}

It only gives file or folder name and path. I also want to know whether it's a file or a folder.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to list/filter files/folders created only since a specific date nor a way to retrieve the original creation date, but I'll pass these along as feature requests. I can't promise if or when they might be implemented though.

The API doesn't distinguish between files and folders in deleted entries, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request as well. For reference though, a deleted entry just indicates that whatever was at that path was deleted, and at different points in time, a single path could have been either a file and folder. You may want to refer to whatever previous metadata you received for that path to see what was there, and/or call /2/files/list_revisions to see what was previously there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to list/filter files/folders created only since a specific date nor a way to retrieve the original creation date, but I'll pass these along as feature requests. I can't promise if or when they might be implemented though.

The API doesn't distinguish between files and folders in deleted entries, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request as well. For reference though, a deleted entry just indicates that whatever was at that path was deleted, and at different points in time, a single path could have been either a file and folder. You may want to refer to whatever previous metadata you received for that path to see what was there, and/or call /2/files/list_revisions to see what was previously there.

dhruvin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

One more thing,

Dropbox business account has a log functionality. (Logs for files - added, edited, deleted, moved etc). We can fetch these details via API for Dropbox business account. Isn't it possible to do the same in personal account?
If personal account provides logs functionality, then I can use it to get list of created, edited, deleted and moved files. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I see you also posted this in a new thread so I'll follow up with you there.

Need more support?