cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Embedder and tags

Embedder and tags

Nikki_63
Helpful | Level 5

I have a HTML page that offers a textbox in which the viewer can write certain keywords. After clicking ENTER, the images are loaded in iframes according to the keywords. My problem is: how do I write this is JS so that it can be integrated on a Dropbox Embedder app? Also, I did not find a way to know if I should tag all images in Dropbox or modify their metadata in advance? I expect that all images with same keyword are shown in page, inside their respective iframes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Nikki_63, I don't know how to say more clear that Embedder shows exactly what passed as link and nothing else. You may use it in your galleey, but Embedder cannot organize such a galleey on its own! Yes, you may use something like the example you linked to (with or without Embedder).

PS: You may get familiar with Embedder while experimenting here.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Nikki_63,

Embedder shows exactly what you point to using the shared link as argument. It's up to you correct link selection based on users input. No any data of your image files need to be modified.

Hope this helps.

Nikki_63
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello, thank you for your response! So, the tags I put on images in Dropbox will be considered "part of the image", so to speak? Sorry to ask such lame questions, I am a novice wanting to learn as much as possible.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hm... 🤔 To be honest, I'm not certain what exactly you mean. Dropbox never changes any file in your account, so there is no way any tag or other property to become "part of the image" or any other file. Such things can be associated to a file and, of course, you may use them as criteria for file selection/filtering, but it's up to you particular link selection on any type of criteria (including tags).

Nikki_63
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you! English is not my primary language, this is why I could not write properly what I was thinking, I apologize for that.

So, in order to display the images with a specific tag, maybe I should give up Embedder and try another approach, like the one on https://dropbox.github.io/nodegallerytutorial/ ? Or Embedder could be used to generate a gallery page based on tags?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Nikki_63, I don't know how to say more clear that Embedder shows exactly what passed as link and nothing else. You may use it in your galleey, but Embedder cannot organize such a galleey on its own! Yes, you may use something like the example you linked to (with or without Embedder).

PS: You may get familiar with Embedder while experimenting here.

Nikki_63
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So, this is what I thought when I read your response ("but Embedder cannot organize such a galleey on its own"): Embedder does not handle images tags, ever if the user chooses a tag to generate a page. I hope I got the point now.

Thank you very much.

Need more support?