cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account contacts through Dropbox API

Account contacts through Dropbox API

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hello,

I want to know what is the meaning of scope "contacts.read". Is there any Dropbox API endpoint (officially supported) that uses that scope? Also, is there a way all contacts in Dropbox account to be listed (again, using officially supported endpoints)?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox API does not currently offer an endpoint directly using the "contacts.read" scope. The "contacts.read" scope exists as a dependency of the "contacts.write" scope (used by /2/contacts/delete_manual_contacts and /2/contacts/delete_manual_contacts_batch).

The Dropbox API does not currently offer an endpoint for listing the contacts in a the account, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Greg-DB wrote:

The Dropbox API does not currently offer an endpoint for listing the contacts in a the account, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. ...

Yes, it's a good idea such option to be added @Greg-DB. This will allow better organized and consistent looking Dropbox integrations as well as lowering like-hood for mistakes while user types already existing contact.

Thanks again.

Need more support?