cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Accessing Famil Room using the API V2

Accessing Famil Room using the API V2

Kevin B.36
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

We have a use case where we access Dropbox and change folder and file names etc. This is particularly true of shared folders.

We note that it is not possible to change the filename or location of 'Family Room' (FR) folder so we need to be able to recognise it and put some sort of barrier around it.

This is particularly difficult, since we do not know FR is there because FR is NOT retuned with the list of shared folders using the API.

What am I missing here, how can I get a list of shared folders that includes FR?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to retrieve information about the Dropbox 'Family Room’ folder when calling the 2/sharing/list_folders endpoint. However, I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

If you would like to retrieve information about your Dropbox 'Family Room’ folder, you can execute the /2/files/list_folder[/continue] endpoint instead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to retrieve information about the Dropbox 'Family Room’ folder when calling the 2/sharing/list_folders endpoint. However, I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

If you would like to retrieve information about your Dropbox 'Family Room’ folder, you can execute the /2/files/list_folder[/continue] endpoint instead.

Kevin B.36
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Neil,

Thank you for the detailed reply. Solution Accepted....

Kevin

Need more support?