cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 409 Conflict - Path Not Found

409 Conflict - Path Not Found

thinkDigitally2
Explorer | Level 3

We are using dropbox api v2, it was working fine from past 2 years but from this morning it is giving 409 Conflict - path not found error on this endpoint: "https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/get_thumbnail". The folder and file exists in Dropbox but not retrieving via api call

8 Replies 8

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

• the name and version number of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any
  • the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s), but don't include any access or refresh token(s)
  • the full text of any error or unexpected output

thinkdigitally
Explorer | Level 3

We are using HTTP API V2 using Generated Access Token. 

Post Url: https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/get_thumbnail
We have verified the path that we are trying to access. Any file within our Dropbox we were unable to access the dropbox API.

thinkdigitally_0-1663007906048.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Can you also share the options you're sending for the call, as well as show how you've "verified the path that we are trying to access"? Thanks in advance!

thinkdigitally
Explorer | Level 3

Passing this in headers
Authorization: Bearer TOKEN
Dropbox-API-Arg: {"path":"MYFILEPATH","size":"w1024h768"}

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I just tried this out, and this functionality is working properly for me.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say you've "verified the path that we are trying to access"?

Also, I see you've redacted the path value anyway. If you'd prefer to share the troubleshooting details privately, you can open an open an API ticket here.

thinkDigitally2
Explorer | Level 3

Can you clarify what you mean when you say you've "verified the path that we are trying to access"?

The file we are trying to get via API exists in dropbox on the path we are passing.

thinkdigitally
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Greg,

We have raised the API ticket #18602169 but not getting response. This issue very urgent as it stop our live application. Could you please assist in this regards?

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for opening the ticket with the additional details. We'll follow up with you there shortly.

Need more support?