cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: All my files are gone

my files disappeared.

Not applicable

I installed the dropbox on my MAC and it automatically uploaded some files.

However when I entered the dropbox, it is not there. it is an important file and I cannot miss it. Can someone help me? I already looked at the list of deleted files and there is nothing. I did it on Tuesday, the 26th, and on the 27th, I was no longer. I already did the backward process but the file just disappeared. I don't know what else to do! when i try to open the file in Word, it appears that it is in the dropbox in the following path: users / paulobarros / dropbox / mymac / desktop / filename but when I open the drop, there is nothing. HELP PLEASE!!!

99 Replies 99

2rerik
Explorer | Level 4

All my files are gone on the computer, phone and all devices unfortunately. 
I only had one active account on dropbox with one email adress (my private emailadress).

It seems like my account is totally deleted and gone. It's crisis, had all my personal files there.. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Can you also check your account's events page @2rerik

The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

2rerik
Explorer | Level 4

Because I now have a "new" account the events page doesnt show any events or any activity. 

Iike
Helpful | Level 5
This is exactly what happened to me. In my opinion Dropbox is doing this on purpose. You will see they will have a huge lawsuit soon.

I have for 15+ years a Dropbox individual one. I earned 25 GB free by referring people. This is when they just opened up. Recently all my files were gone and my Dropbox became a new account w 2GB. Events section was empty

They refused to resolve the problem telling me it’s my fault. Bunch of BS. I had so many critical files and client backup work on it.

Now I’m left in the dust.

I wish them failure in life. They are rude and they don’t care about you. They are systematically deleted free accounts.

Stay far away from these crooks.

Iike
Helpful | Level 5
That’s how I felt. Ans they won’t. I spoke to highest level support. Same excuse telling me I deleted my box. Hahahaha. They are clowns. They are crooks. 15 plus years of lost data. Cuz I earned it when they opened up I sent so many ppl I got 25GB free. Only bothered them that I never upgraded. So they simply wiped out my account and acted real stupid and dumb like they have no clue what’s happening.

I got my own cloud drive now.

pixiupl
Helpful | Level 7

@Like&& @2rerik I entirely feel both of you; am (as you both) frustrated as hell with DB. Have been here since (well very close to) their beginings.

I also am not able to contact someone in DB other way than through community.

@like wrote:

In my opinion Dropbox is doing this on purpose.

Sure they do.

They even screwed message editor here, not resizeable, editing longer message is nightmare, quoting is **bleep**ed up,

Iike
Helpful | Level 5
I’m sure there is a trend. Ppl just don’t post it.

A 15+ year account. Wiped out. Doesn’t just happen.

They are plain crooks. Hope more ppl report to it and their stock drops to the ground.

The ones that helped them from start become who they became. Then they cut our hands off by killing our accounts and acting like they have no clue.

Tells me enough about this this horrible company.

Disgusting.

Iike
Helpful | Level 5
How wonder how long before they end up deleting this string to keep their track clean

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Just wanted to let everyone know that we appreciate your feedback here and know that it's been passed along to the team.

Regarding your particular case @2rerik, can we send you an email, so we can investigate further?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pixiupl
Helpful | Level 7

@Hannah 

> it's been passed along to the team.

I suppose its nice, but can you possibly clarify what team you have in mind?

Need more support?