cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my pictures are gone ...

my files disappeared.

Not applicable

I installed the dropbox on my MAC and it automatically uploaded some files.

However when I entered the dropbox, it is not there. it is an important file and I cannot miss it. Can someone help me? I already looked at the list of deleted files and there is nothing. I did it on Tuesday, the 26th, and on the 27th, I was no longer. I already did the backward process but the file just disappeared. I don't know what else to do! when i try to open the file in Word, it appears that it is in the dropbox in the following path: users / paulobarros / dropbox / mymac / desktop / filename but when I open the drop, there is nothing. HELP PLEASE!!!

99 Replies 99

sramondelli21
Explorer | Level 4

I am paying $11.99/month and notjhing is in my files.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

I understand, @sramondelli21, but in order for us to investigate and resolve this for you, can you reply to my questions, please?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sramondelli21
Explorer | Level 4
I’m sorry. I replied to another message. I found my files in another email I no longer use. I’m sorry for the confusion . Can I transfer them to the account and email I currently use or does it matter

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

No worries, @sramondelli21, I'm glad you were able to locate your files eventually!

If you want, you can definitely download them from the other account and upload them to the one you're currently using.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

sramondelli21
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you. I'm not very techy. I'll have my son take a look.

leighketchum
New member | Level 2

I have no idea why - I'm so confused as to how this could have happened. But all of my files - thousands of files; years of work have all vanished. Is there anyone in tech support that can look into this for me?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @leighketchum, sorry to hear about that.

If you've made sure you're logged in to the correct Dropbox account, can you check your deleted files page and your events page, to see if you can find any sign of the files?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Ann M
New member | Level 2

All my pictures are gone even though I am billed monthly. Where are they? Chatbot is no help

Rich
Super User II

@Ann M wrote:

All my pictures are gone even though I am billed monthly. Where are they?

Have you checked the Events page?

Failing that, you'll need to provide more information before we'll know how best to help you. Were the files in your account online? When did you last see them there, and when did you last use your account? Check your Plan page and let us know what plan it shows you on.

Ka25
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Madams and Sirs,

in July 2023 I stored/loaded up a lot of important official data from my past work in my Dropbox account. It was all there, I had definitively seen it in July, working at the same computer I used today (doing the storage/upload on several days, closing and reopening Dropbox, it was all there). Now I wanted to use these data, but there is NOTHING of it in my Dropbox account!!! All possible help (looking for deleted/hidden documents, history of activities etc.) did not bring the least help - there is no data, "there was no activity in your account ..." (!) etc.  Photos of years ago are still there, but all my new important data has disappeared completely without me doing anything. Therefore I kindly ask for your help. I don't understand why this happened.

It was the first time I had tried to trust Dropbox. That is what came out of that. I am sorry, I am deeply frustrated.

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards

Katrin

Need more support?