cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the files on my account?

Where are the files on my account?

MSaul
New member | Level 2

I have no idea whom to ask this question.  Dropbox 'help' gives rigid categories, and none fit my question.   AN example is the 'label' I am forced to choose for this frantic message.  

I am a happy but novice user.  I have the Dropbox 'app' installed on my computer and iphone, and it backs up my files regularly.  Nice. 

But if I go to the Dropbox web page, and sign into my account, there is NOTHING there.  No files.  No shared files.  No photos.  

What am I doing wrong? What assumption am I making about Dropbox capabilities?  

Here is a screeshot of what I see on the web page after I sign in: 

MSaul_0-1705539747731.png

Nothing.  Zip and Zilch.  

And the 'help' articles don't help.  They don't address my misconception. They don't tell me what Dropbox cannot do.  They only tell me how to do what it can do.  

WHat is going on?  HELP!  

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MSaul, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It looks like you've logged into a Dropbox account on the site which is empty. 

Are you certain you've signed into the same Dropbox account as the one signed into the Dropbox desktop application? You can see which account it is in the preferences.

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MSaul
New member | Level 2

I"m YOu're an angel.  I'm running right now, but already deeply appreciate your help.  I will follow your suggestions--which I could never have thought of myself, and which would never be in a 'help' file--this evening.  

marksaul
Helpful | Level 5

IT worked!  IT worked! 

But I'm confused.  Why is there a Dropbox account associated with a gmail address that I NEVER use by Google forces me to maintain?  Is this a conflict of giants that I'm caught in?  Or did I inadvertently create that other account?   

Mark
Super User II

You've created a Second Account. 

Dropbox couldnt do it for you as Dropbox doesnt have any links at all to google (they are totally separate competing companies). 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    marksaul Helpful | Level 5
    MSaul New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?