cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - I permanently deleted files by mistake a couple of days ago. My account is free

Urgent - I permanently deleted files by mistake a couple of days ago. My account is free

EmmanuelVancouver
New member | Level 2

I've lost some important files. I accidentally deleted them to regain some space. It happened two days ago.

I know in the free version of Dropbox, once you delete files, they're typically removed permanently after a certain period (usually 30 days). During this period, you can recover deleted files from the Dropbox website. However, I can't find them anywhere. I feel like i've deleted them permanently. How can I retrieve those files again? Please help!!!! 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@EmmanuelVancouver wrote:

I've lost some important files. I accidentally deleted them to regain some space. It happened two days ago. ... I feel like i've deleted them permanently. How can I retrieve those files again?

Unfortunately, if you permanently deleted the files, there's no way to recover them. Permanently deleted files are deleted ... permanently. If you only deleted them (not permanently deleted them), you'd be able to find them in your Deleted Files or possibly your Events page.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?