cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone deleted a lot of files and I need to know who it was.

Someone deleted a lot of files and I need to know who it was.

linvel
New member | Level 2

Someone deleted over 20,000 files of my account and I can´t idenitfy who it is. If possible, I´d like to track the device activity, I need to know when it logged in and other information that helps me identify the responsible. 

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

ALL of the information available is at www.dropbox.com/events

You can sometimes get the device that did the deletion by restoring the files, going to one of them and clicking on 'view version history' and that will show things. 

www.dropbox.com/account shows devices logged in as well as active web pages as well. 

One of the BIGGEST causes of this is people just accidentally dragging and dropping a file from Dropbox to something like the desktop. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?