cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "improved" browser file viewer for photos seems ....incomplete ? broken?

New "improved" browser file viewer for photos seems ....incomplete ? broken?

michaeldk
New member | Level 2

hi,

After a while (few months) I've finally had a need to scroll through thousands of online images of a client again. Raw files. The new file viewer seems a massive step backwards, and that's putting it lightly.  

1) Buttons to navigate (back/foward) are gone. Sure, arrow keys work but I enjoy being able to do things with my mouse too in certain moments... 
2) I don't have any way to star images instantly (I need to go to the menu and star them from there?!)
3) Worse, I can't see which images are already starred. Meaning I'm wasting time all the time, trying to star images that already have been. 

There's a few other downgrades since the previous older full screen file browser. But those three are so basic I wonder who approved on not having them included. It literally makes the file viewer useless for anyone who has a lot of archival work to do online. I wonder what the thought process of this was (honestly, I think there was none). And who alpha- and betatested this UI change. 

It's one of many incremental downgrades and problems with Dropbox over the years and it seriously makes me wonder what the heck is going on with this company. Do the people that implement changes actually use dropbox? It seems not....

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @michaeldk, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this with us and happy Monday!

I just wanted to let you know that your feedback has been logged in our system - please let us know if you have anything else to add.

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Tyto
Helpful | Level 6

I agree 100% with this feedback, the new browser file viewer for photos is terrible. Please change it back to the way it was before

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tyto Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?