cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with separating personal account from Business one

Need help with separating personal account from Business one

Lbjohnopp
New member | Level 2

I mistakenly have combined my personal files with a business account of a nonprofit. I also did a sync that created a separate library of what appears to be files and folders on my Mac that were not synced to the account. I need to get my personal account separated from the business account and then update my own folders and files.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Lbjohnopp wrote:
I mistakenly have combined my personal files with a business account of a nonprofit. ... I need to get my personal account separated from the business account ...

You need to contact the team admin and ask them to convert your account back to an individual account. It's very important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen they only have seven days to restore your account. They must convert it back to an individual account.

Note that neither you nor Dropbox can convert your account. Only the admin of the Business team can do it because they technically own your account now.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?