cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Images

My images don't load on mobile

CoveUS
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My images don't load on mobile when I visit my website that uses dropbox direct photo links. The desktop site works fine.

114 Replies 114

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey everyone, thanks for all your reports and sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. 

We'd be more than happy to send you a ticket if you don't have one already with our team

Just give us another nudge here and we'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

KjellAn
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello. I have shared files of pics on a web forum. Displayed on a computer (not mac) works fine. But not with ipad or iphone.

The url's have worked well when created and setted within "img" tags in the forum issue.

Is there any thing wrong with the url's or is there a setting about time limits ... ?

JoeSap
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Still need help with this @Lusil, thanks!

hardreturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Lusil I still would like to know what is happening and what Dropbox's recommended remediation for links not working in Safari is, yes.

bwik
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Our clients host images on Dropbox and then utilize sharing links to put those images in our software. Currently Apple users are not seeing these images when we have had no issues previously.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @KjellAn, I'd be happy to send you a ticket if you'd like to have a better look into this. 

Also, I just sent one to each of you, @JoeSap and @hardreturn!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello @bwik, let's see what we can do here. 

Does this happen with both computer and mobile devices by any chance?

If they get a specific error message when they try to preview the shared links, a screenshot would be super helpful. 

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

KjellAn
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Is there a problem with SW or Safari on the ipad / iphone ?

I have latest upgrade SW on my tablet / phone.

bwik
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello Lusil,

This happens on all Apple devices in both Safari and Chrome. Here is an example of the HTML we use when hosting images through Dropbox on our platform:
 src="https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9t94folrof80ost/balletheader.jpg?dl=0" alt="

We have been using the above code for years when hosting images.
We are not receiving any error messa...

Here is the same webpage on a iPhone 8 Safari:

bwik_1-1616265913343.png

bwik_0-1616265820189.png

Rudi B Rasmussen
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I have given up on this. It’s as if Dropbox don’t care at all, I opened a ticket, where I in an extremely simple way explained, what the issue was. Then I had a few replies back and forth, before I was told, the issue would be sent on to some “experts”. I got a totally nonsense answer back, and now I have to start all over, which I don’t want to waste my time on.
If Dropbox cannot solve this rather simple issue soon, I will find another storage provider.
Need more support?