cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A shared link is not working

My images don't load on mobile

CoveUS
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My images don't load on mobile when I visit my website that uses dropbox direct photo links. The desktop site works fine.

114 Replies 114

deco10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Because my app on my smart tv can not use re-direct function. so when i point at ?raw=1 and i will get an redirect url my app on my smarttv wont open it. It worked fine in several years! but after this change fra 1 mars it wont anymore. If I use the redirect url it works fine but this is changing everyday which is not useful for me. So therefor if dropbox dont find a solution then we have to find another solution..thats why

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@deco10 wrote:

Because my app on my smart tv can not use re-direct function. ...

Hi @deco10,

I don't believe some device can't use redirect; this is very basic feature of HTTP protocol and is much older than both Dropbox and your TV. 😜 The redirection itself isn't the issue, definitely.

While we are talking for TVs, especially some older models, other issues could comes up. Is your TVs web engine supporting all recent HTML5 features? Dropbox step by step going to rely on them. If your TV supplier doesn't update your TVs firmware, restricted support could definitely be an issue! Yes, seems Dropbox doesn't take care for such cases. (i.e. doesn't back support for HTML4, for example) That's it. 🤷

deco10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

well i hope you are thinking logically here..The TV and the app is the same and it has worked fine for several years! Where can the problem be then?

splasheosupport
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello guys,

hope you're well!

I'm getting an issue with rendering the video link with ?raw=1 on video tag html5. It works perfectly on chrome but It's doesn't work on safari. any thoughts?

hardreturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

unless I alter the URL as in the previous post, safari will no longer display the image, and instead shows the blue [?]

embedded images that have worked for years now all display as broken images. something has changed. 

niallj2000
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Some good news at my end... I've managed to temporarily sort the problem, for now. I use Wordpress and a specific DropBox type plugin to link my files into my site. The developers for that plugin have very kindly and quickly come up with a patch to get round the issue, while we wait for DropBox and/or Apple to sort the main problem out. So images are now restored on my site which is a massive, massive relief! And a move to another CDN is postponed for the moment. But I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what happens as ideally a proper fix is need. Good luck with getting it sorted!

JoeSap
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Please Dropbox, fix this issue? It suddenly stopped working in Safari for me as well.

Black Fly
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
So far no response with regard to a solution...

thwart
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Chiming in for the first time here...

When I use Safari my linked images are blank, which is not the case when using Chrome.  

And as previously mentioned, this started about a week ago.  Thinking perhaps an Apple OS 'upgrade' change is not playing nice with Dropbox? I'm using the current Big Sur OS, 11.1.

Dustbunny
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

All the images shared using Dropbox on our photo forum are no longer visible in Safari. That’s a lot of disappointed Dropbox customers, including yours truly. I hope this gets fixed quickly.

Need more support?