cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My images don't load on mobile

My images don't load on mobile

CoveUS
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My images don't load on mobile when I visit my website that uses dropbox direct photo links. The desktop site works fine.

114 Replies 114

robp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Observations:

Images don't load on ios with Chrome, Firebox or safari

but do load through the google app.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Would it be possible to contact you at the email associated with your forum profile, @Black Fly, to look into this further?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Black Fly
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
yes please!

Thank you

Erik

Aj2021
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am also facing the same issue. I have Images and Videos added to the website with src having raw=1 query parameter. Images and videos were working fine in the Safari browser. But, only recently, both stopped working. I believe Safari can't identify the content type of these files, resulting in this issue. Please provide a solution to this issue. Thanks.

FgBz6
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi, I have the same problem. Since three days my embedded dropbox photos dont show up in ANY browser on IOS 14.4 Extremely annoying I have to say. If I use embedded photos from my Flickr account there is never a problem. On my Mac OSX10.14 no problems in Firefox or Chrome, Safari stopped showing photos already a while ago. Please fix this, what did you change?

Freqs
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here. Safari from a desktop, laptop, iPhone all running current versions, even an older Mac running Yosemite and Safari 11 will not load hosted photos from several online forums that I've tried since around March 1st. Images hosted from other sites will load ok, just the Dropbox images are failing. 

Links copied and pasted directly to Safari will open just fine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/example/example.jpg?raw=1

Firefox and Chrome are working fine. 

Alcasti
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem today!

The problem persists. Not only on Safari for Mac, but even on Safari for iPhone and Duck&Go for iPhone. In other words either is a problem with Apple devices (even if I didn’t make any OS upgrades) or is a problem of communication between Dropbox and html.
I’ve tried private browsing and removing the cache, but nothing changed (see attached screenshots). It only works with Google Chrome.
Today I noticed the problem is bypassed if I do what follows:
1. copy dropbox file link;
2. change the final command from dl=0 to raw=1
3. copy the new link
5. paste the new link into my Html editor
The problem is: the operation is a lot more complex and mostly I have about 400 articles already published on my web magazine with images embedded in a previous way1.htmleditor.png2.webpageresult.png. How am I supposed to do with all of them? It’s really a big, big damage for my work!

niallj2000
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the exact same issues with my website. Images hosted on Dropbox are broken when viewed in Safari on the Mac and iOS browsers on iPhone and iPad. The same pages and images load absolutely fine with Firefox and Chrome. This problem is very very frustrating as I have a very large amount of images hosted on Dropbox. I have had to create a pop note for my sites visitors to apologise for the Safari problem. Page after page after page full of broken images isn't very good for the visitor experience! I have never had a problem like this before, not in 5 years of using DB for this type of hosting. What has changed since the start of the week that has hit Safari users this way? This needs to be fixed asap. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I've sent emails to both of you @Black Fly, @Freqs. Please could you reply to them when you get a chance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

elthsu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Definitely a new issue. I was using Dropbox to host audio files and now they don't work..... very frustrating!

Need more support?