cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost my files they are not appearing in all files and not in deleted

Lost my files they are not appearing in all files and not in deleted

bittman
Explorer | Level 3

I went into dropbox and I am not locating any of my files, it's as if drop box deleted all my files. I am not locating them in deleted and no where to be found

12 Replies 12

Mark
Super User II

Use 

@bittman wrote:

I installed the app on a new mobile phone and used by standard log in that I use to set up 

You cant have done if only two things are showing on Events or the other possibility is nothing was ever put on Dropbox. 

The events log shows everything you've done on the account. So, if it only shows those 2 recent files EITHER thats all thats happened on the account OR its a brand new one. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bittman
Explorer | Level 3

I have paid $119.88 to dropbox, how can I get a hold of someone to help me identify how to retrieve my old files? is there a help line I can call? I am still not locating my files

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bittman, it sounds based on the pricing, that you have a Plus, individual plan not a Business one.

In this case, there is no phone Support, however there is chat Support available if you wish. You can see more about this here

If you don't see any option to contact our Support via chat, then you're most likely logged into a Basic account, which would confirm that this is a different account.

However, you can always use our self-serve look-up tool, in order to see the email address linked to the charge, and log into the correct account. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?