cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost my files they are not appearing in all files and not in deleted

Lost my files they are not appearing in all files and not in deleted

bittman
Explorer | Level 3

I went into dropbox and I am not locating any of my files, it's as if drop box deleted all my files. I am not locating them in deleted and no where to be found

12 Replies 12

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @bittman - sorry to hear about your missing files.

When is the last time you remember seeing them on the website and how did you upload them in the first place? 

Could you have a look at your events page and let me know what you find?

This is the place where all uploads, edits, and deletions are normally logged, so it should give you a hint.

Keep me posted on your findings and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

bittman
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Walter.

1. I shot a video and loaded to dropbox from my phone at 4.30 PM - the two videos I shot are the only things appearing in dropbox. 

2. I received a new phone and loaded dropbox to my phone and had to go through several passwords and sign ons. 

3. I went to through a variety of sign ons- I go into dropbox and the only thins that appeared were just the two videos I loaded. I am missing years of content, important documents that I need to access. 

Mark
Super User II

You havent said what the Events page shows @bittman ?

Dropbox cannot delete things on its own. It can only replicate what its told to do.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bittman
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you the events page is only showing my two must recent uploads that were videos I did when I set up my dropbox on my phone application. I am sure Dropbox's server has my information stored somewhere. Is there a help line I can call to assist me in locating my information? I am sure I am missing something technically

Mark
Super User II

@bittman wrote:

I am sure I am missing something technically

You have almost certainly actually set up a new Dropbox account on the phone to what was previously used. If there is no other data on it then this account was only created (or used) at the point you uploaded those files. 

You need to log out of this account and in to your other one. Try a search of emails to work out what the account is registered under.

Phone support is only available to paying Business Customers.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bittman
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, how can I set up a business paying account? I thought I already paid for service annually

Walter
Dropbox Staff

How did you upgrade in the first place @bittman?

Was it through our website directly or via the app store on a mobile device?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Mark
Super User II

@bittman wrote:

Thank you, how can I set up a business paying account? I thought I already paid for service annually

Business accounts have three user licence minimums - www.dropbox.com/plans.

PLUS they wont be able to locate an account for you. They have no way of working out your files, you need to find your email thats linked to the account

bittman
Explorer | Level 3

I installed the app on a new mobile phone and used by standard log in that I use to set up 

Need more support?