cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost files since 2015.

Lost files since 2015.

Azelles
New member | Level 2

I put my wedding pictures on dropbox in 2015 and today, i see that i can't see it anymore, the files doesn't exist

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Azelles, let's jump right into this! 

We'd need some additional info, in order to understand what has happened here. When was the last time you accessed your Dropbox account, and checked for the files online? 

If you haven't accessed the account for more than 1 year, then the content and the account itself is most likely deleted. 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ss282
New member | Level 2
I signed out of Dropbox last year, and logged in today, and found all my photos deleted. Had been saving those photos since 2015. Is there any way that I can recover them, since I didn’t delete them in the first place? Thank you!

GCGHC
New member | Level 2

Also facing the same. 

Rich
Super User II

@Ss282 wrote:
I signed out of Dropbox last year, and logged in today, and found all my photos deleted.

How long ago did you last sign in to the account? If it's been more than a year, the account would have been deleted due to inactivity. If that's the case, you're likely signed in to a new, empty account. Once an account has been deleted due to inactivity, it's not possible to restore the account or the files that it contained.

Ss282
New member | Level 2
This helps, thank you!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ss282 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    GCGHC New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?