cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Everything

Lost Everything

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using dropbox for years under my personal email.  I had a business that also used dropbox where it was connected to my personal.  I login to my account using my personal email every time I need to use dropbox.  I tried logging in from my phone and desktop and it automatically signed me out.  It made me sign up again with my personal email address.  Every single file that I have uploaded over the years is gone.  How do I fix this?  There is no human support I can get in contact with.  I am beyond frustrated right now about all of this.  

13 Replies 13

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

Can I please get a phone number from someone in support.  It is my account.  it has been my account since day one.  There are no others.  I need to talk to someone.  All of my files were lost.  I need them back.  

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately phone Support is only available to Business customers @docvino1

However, I promise you that I'm doing my very best to figure out what has happened here, and get to the bottom of this. 

Now, had your files been deleted, you should be able to see them in the events page, or deleted files page. 

The fact that you can't locate them there, indicates that: a) either this is a brand-new account b) the files were deleted a long time ago, and hence they are no longer visible.

Did you access the account frequently?

If this account was still a paid one, can you use our self-serve look-up tool to locate it? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

Nothing is showing here.  How can I get all my stuff back.  There was very important legal stuff in my folders.  I need to speak to someone.  Phone, messenger or email.  This just isn't right.  The same email I have used for years is the one I would login with.  

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @docvino1, currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

Regarding your missing files, if the missing files on the deleted files page, then there's a few possibilities as to why this might be the case:

• The files are on another Dropbox account
  • They were on a shared folder you don't have access to any more
  • The files were deleted outside of the 30 day period
  • The files were permanently deleted

Unfortunately, without any events, we wouldn't be able to recover them, even on our end. 

Since you mentioned in your original post that you 'had a business that also used dropbox where it was connected to my personal', was this another Dropbox Business team you were a part of? Did you own this team, or did someone else add you to the team?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    docvino1 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?