cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost Everything

Lost Everything

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using dropbox for years under my personal email.  I had a business that also used dropbox where it was connected to my personal.  I login to my account using my personal email every time I need to use dropbox.  I tried logging in from my phone and desktop and it automatically signed me out.  It made me sign up again with my personal email address.  Every single file that I have uploaded over the years is gone.  How do I fix this?  There is no human support I can get in contact with.  I am beyond frustrated right now about all of this.  

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @docvino1 - sorry to hear about your missing files.

May I ask when was the last time you accessed your account?

If you made sure that you're looking at the correct account, could you have a look at your events page and let me know what you find?

This is the place where all uploads,edits, and deletions are normally logged so it should give you a hint.

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Walter.  There are 0 files in deletion and when clicking on events, there is only 1 and that was from yesterday.  I lost everything and I am not happy about it.  I have paid monthly.  Then yesterday my autologging in didn't work and I had to re-signup with my email that wasn't recognized.  There has to be a way to get my files back.  

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @docvino1, based on everything you mentioned, it indeed sounds like you have a second Dropbox account, and the one you're looking at is a brand-new one. 

When was the last time you had signed into your account, prior to the incident you mentioned above with the sign out? 

Can you check any email addresses you have, for any Dropbox-related emails there? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

No that is not the case.  I just went through and tried all my email addresses.  The yahoo that I am  having problems with is the only one.  I also get emails from dropbox about my account to my yahoo email.  

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @docvino1, which platform did you use in the past, in order to update the account, and upload files? 

Did you upload the via the website, desktop app or mobile app? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using dropbox for years.  I use it on desktop, laptop and mobile.  All with the same login.  If I were to send you a link of a file, if I can find one, will you be able to pull from what account it came from?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me as well, @docvino1

Can you clarify what type of plan your previous Dropbox account was on at the time this happened? Was it on a personal plan, or part of a Business team instead?

You also mentioned above that you were paying for a monthly subscription. Was your Dropbox account upgraded directly via www.dropbox.com, or iTunes/Google Play?

I’d like to gather as much info as possible to pinpoint what may have happened.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

docvino1
Explorer | Level 3

My account was a personal account.  I believe I was paying $10 a month.  Ill have to check.  Either way, it was not a 2nd account.  I have 1 email stored on my dropbox passwords saved on computer and on phone.  It has been autosaved for years.  I need this files.  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @docvino1, appreciate the additional info.

You mentioned both your personal account and a Dropbox Business team.

Is it possible that you joined this Business team WITH your personal account?

If your personal account had become a member of the team and the team admin deleted you from the team, your account would have been deleted as well, causing you to be prompted to create a new one with that address.

If that's the case, I would suggest reaching out to the admin, to ask them if they transferred your files to another member's account when they deleted you; perhaps they can still be accessed that way.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?