cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a way to force Dropbox to use Boolean logic for searches?

Is there a way to force Dropbox to use Boolean logic for searches?

Sparky_McGuffin
Helpful | Level 6

Is it possible to force DropBox to use a Boolean logic in the search feature? For instance: peanuts AND jelly ?

I don't find the current craze for natural language search commands to actually produce useful searches. Boolean operators are more precise, especially when I know what key phrases would be found in my documents and the approximate year they were written.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi, I'm a product manager on the Search team here at Dropbox. As Jay mentioned, we currently offer boolean operators (see here). Can you let me know if those aren't working for you and confirm the platform you're using?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Sparky_McGuffin, thanks for messaging the Community.

There are some advanced search features like what you mentioned as listed on this page on the site.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi, I'm a product manager on the Search team here at Dropbox. As Jay mentioned, we currently offer boolean operators (see here). Can you let me know if those aren't working for you and confirm the platform you're using?

Sparky_McGuffin
Helpful | Level 6

It would be nice if these were more easily findable from the main DropBox web interface. Similar to the Events feature, it seems one must find someone who has linked to these resources directly to find them quickly.

Regards,

Sparky_McGuffin
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for the link!

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

@Sparky_McGuffin that's good feedback! Let me take that back to the team to see what we can do to make these more discoverable. 

Need more support?