cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to select and copy/paste text in Word for the web.

How to copy highlighted text when editing a doc

ramespi23
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

In Dropbox Essentials on Windows 11 pro , when I am in edit mode and I highlight text, I cannot copy the highlighted text to paste onto another document. Is there a solution to this.? Right clicking of the mouse does not list a copy option.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ramespi23
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I found that Firefox does allow me to copy by right-clicking on highlighted text- but  I was not able to do so in Chrome or Edge

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @ramespi23  - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify where you're editing your docs? is this on the website or locally on your computer?

If it's the former one, have you tried clearing the browser's cache or using another browser?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jlacoste
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have the same problem in Word.  I cleared the cache and tried another browser.  Still unable to select text.  This makes my work complicated!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting this on our forum, @jlacoste.

Can you also try an incognito window as an extra step? 

Are you facing this issue with all Word files and when did you notice this behavior for the first time?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ramespi23
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I found that Firefox does allow me to copy by right-clicking on highlighted text- but  I was not able to do so in Chrome or Edge

frode
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Had the same issue since yesterday; for me it worked by deleting all cookies. Using Firefox.
EDIT: 3 hours later and the issue reoccurred.

jlacoste
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Using a Firefox "Private browsing" window did not change anything.  So far, it's happening to all the Word files I worked with.  The problem started yesterday.  I loose a lot of precious time with this bug.  When will things be back to normal?

DbxNate
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, I'm an eng lead for the team that owns document editing at Dropbox. Thanks for all the helpful context. This looks like it might fall under my team's ownership, though I need a bit more context. Is the file you're trying to edit a PDF document, or some other file type like Microsoft Word?

I've created a ticket for this on our side and it will be added to my team's queue. No promises on turnaround time and we still need some more info, but just wanted to let you all know it's been filed we will triage it.

Need more support?