cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sent my Mac computer for service and realized I'm missing Dropbox files.

I sent my Mac computer for service and realized I'm missing Dropbox files.

gabrielasheets
New member | Level 2

Uff, my new mac just shut down yesterday and its in the shop now. I'm working now on a backup and finding a lot of files missing from Dropbox in the last 6-7 months! I thought it was that I was over storage limit but that's not the case. Could my new macbook not have been syncing with Dropbox? The files are not saved in my icloud I assume because they were in the dropbox folder? Does this mean they are lost to the ethers? Enter expletive. And thank you!

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Hi @gabrielasheets 

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing? If that shows its not sync'd then nothing has appeared then it hasnt uploaded I'm afraid. They MAY still be available on the computer if somebody can recover them. 

Note that it wont sync when you are over quota, so if you are it wont sync. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

gabrielasheets
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark, 

I'm definitely not over quota but it wasn't syncing for months and I didn't know. I'm not sure what you mean by www.dropbox.com/events showing? 

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox Events will show exactly what has happened on your account, so, if its not showing any new files the machine hasnt been syncing. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

gabrielasheets
New member | Level 2

Got it. Thank you. Not syncing. 

(ufff)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gabrielasheets New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?