cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I got an email telling me that 16,000 files have been deleted from my account but it looks like all my files are there! What is going on?

I got an email telling me that 16,000 files have been deleted from my account but it looks like all my files are there! What is going on?

Pegeen L.
New member | Level 1

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Fake phishing email that isnt from Dropbox at all?

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

I renamed a folder and got one, it sees the rename as a massive delete followed by a massive add.

Laureline
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Pegeen and Dave, could you go to your events page and check that you didn't delete your files?

You can see it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/events

Possibly, you moved around files, deleted some and moved them back to your account.

It's also possible that someone else than you (a member of a shared folder), deleted some files in this shared folder.

Let me know 🙂

Pegeen L.
New member | Level 1

Something weird is going on.  My events has massive files deleted then another huge lot added again.  No one is moving all these files around.  However, last week I did upgrade to OS X 10.10.5,  Do we think that has anything to do with this?  Thanks Dave and Laureline for helping.

You added 7745 files. Today 1:49 AM
></td>
<td>You deleted <a href=42396 files. Today 1:49 AM
></td>
<td>You deleted <a href=50030 files. Yesterday 7:09 PM
></td>
<td>You deleted <a href=50059 files. Yesterday 12:13 PM
></td>
<td>You deleted <a href=50137 files. Yesterday 5:49 AM
></td>
<td>You added <a href=3 files. 8/22/2015 11:20 PM
></td>
<td>You deleted <a href=50117 files. 8/22/2015 11:20 PM
></td>
<td>You added <a href=3852 files. 8/19/2015 11:20 PM

Laureline
Community Manager

Hi Pegeen!

It's possible that you moved files around.

I don't see how it could be related with your upgrade to OS X 10.10.5...

You can check who created or deleted these files, and from which computer by checking the previous version of specific files impacted:

1) Sign in to the Dropbox website:

https://www.dropbox.com

2) Find the file you'd like to restore
3) Right-click on the file and choose "Previous versions"

Hope this helps 🙂

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?