cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I checked my account after a long time, and now I can't find my files.

I checked my account after a long time, and now I can't find my files.

baryuce
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I checked my dropbox account and after logged in recently, I realized some files are missing. I had some bonus storage for some sort of deals. I am guessing it might be expired and some files in those area are disappeared. Is there any way that I can see and/or (hopefully) recover those files?

thanks in advance

Baris

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@baryuce wrote:

I had some bonus storage for some sort of deals. I am guessing it might be expired and some files in those area are disappeared.

While some bonus space is time limited and may have expired, the files in your account would not be deleted when that space expires or if you're over your storage quota.

If you have files missing, check your Deleted Files to see if they can be recovered. Also, your Events page would list any file activity. Files can be recovered if they were deleted within the recovery period for your account (30 days for Basic, Plus, and Family; 180 days for Professional, Essentials, Business, and Standard).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?