cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files getting deleted after I save them and exit the third party app I used

Files getting deleted after I save them and exit the third party app I used

Tom M.13
New member | Level 2

On several occasions in the past couple of years, I will be looking for a CAD file (TURBOCAD) I have saved in my dropbox file and it is not there.  I then check DropBox deleted files on-line and it is shows as deleted around the time I exited the program.  On one specific file I've been working on this has happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks.  DropBox says they can't delete files, but I certainly didn't delete them, and there was no warning that came up asking if I want to delete the file.  I've tried saving the file under an different name, but this still has happened.

This makes me question continue use of DropBox.

Any thoughts or solutions?

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Tom M.13, thanks for reaching out today.

I also don't think that it's Dropbox that's deleting these files, but let's see what we can find out.

If you restore one of those files and then go through its version history, where does it say it was deleted from?

Also, if you quit the Dropbox application and try to recreate the issue, does it persist?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?