cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything is missing & my account shows as Basic even though I have a paid one.

Everything is missing & my account shows as Basic even though I have a paid one.

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

Every single file is missing after I restarted my computer. When I logged into Dropbox online, there is nothing there. It's like it doesn't even recognize me. My plan is showing as basic even though I have a paid version. I can't even contact support because it shows me as having the basic plan. Help!

14 Replies 14

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MB54321, I'm guessing here -and let me know if I'm wrong- that maybe the folder was added to the account when you used the desktop app. 

Could that be the case? Does your event page only show this folder? If yes, when was it added to the account? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, that's right. It was added today, but that was not something I did affirmatively. It just showed up.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying that for us @MB54321 - much appreciated.

Could you please check your email's inbox to see if you can find any email notifications from Dropbox about your account's status or a renewal etc.?

Also, how did you upgrade in the first place? Was it through our website directly or via the app store on a mobile device?

If you've reached out to our support team in the meantime about this, you can also let us know your ticket number so that we can look it up in our system as well, if needed. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, Walter. The ticket number is 24160472. I reviewed my records last night, and apparently I did have the Professional account but it switched to Basic earlier this year? I don't see any emails about it or anything to give me any indication that my account would be deleted.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket number @MB54321 - much appreciated.

I was able to locate it in our system and passed your comments on to the agent who's looking into this for you.

They'll be getting back to you via your ticket soon, but please let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    MB54321 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?