cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything is missing & my account shows as Basic even though I have a paid one.

Everything is missing & my account shows as Basic even though I have a paid one.

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

Every single file is missing after I restarted my computer. When I logged into Dropbox online, there is nothing there. It's like it doesn't even recognize me. My plan is showing as basic even though I have a paid version. I can't even contact support because it shows me as having the basic plan. Help!

14 Replies 14

Rich
Super User II

@MB54321 wrote:

When I logged into Dropbox online, there is nothing there. It's like it doesn't even recognize me. My plan is showing as basic even though I have a paid version.

You're likely signed in to a different account. Make sure you're using the correct email address when signing in. If you can't locate the correct email, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify your paid account.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MB54321, I hope you're doing well!

Based on everything you mentioned, it sounds like you might be using a newly-created Dropbox account, could that be the case? 

Do you have another account, under a different email address? Also, what does your events page show? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

It's the correct account. One random folder that I haven't used in forever has appeared, so clearly Dropbox has some information from this account, but there is nothing else showing.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MB54321, if you see no more info when visiting your events page, then it's most likely a brand-new account.

Can you check your email addresses -any other that you might have- for any Dropbox related emails, just to get an idea and see if any other addresses is linked to Dropbox? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

But if it's a new account, why is it showing me an old folder that I created years ago?

I have also checked my other account, and none of the files I'm looking for are there.

Rich
Super User II

@MB54321 wrote:

I have also checked my other account, and none of the files I'm looking for are there.

Did you use the credit card lookup tool that I linked to above to verify the email address for your paid account?

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

I did, and it's the one I've been using all along.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MB54321, is the charge linked to the same email address that you see when visiting your account's settings here?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

MB54321
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, it is the same email address. I only have two email addresses, and the one I am referring to is my business one that I have been using for this Dropbox account for years.

I know it looks like I somehow created a new account today using my business email address, but how do we account for the fact that I am able to see a years-old folder in this "new" account?

To be clear, I did *not* create a new account today. I just restarted my computer, and when I tried to log back into Dropbox, for some reason it did not recognize my password. When I created a new password and finally logged in, everything was gone.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    MB54321 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?