cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when I'm trying to retrieve a file's version history.

Error 500 when I'm trying to retrieve a file's version history.

MelGold
Helpful | Level 6

I am attempting to retrieve a previous file using the Version History, however, I keep getting an "Error 500" messages. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

30 Replies 30

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for reporting this. Our Engineering team is currently investigating. I'll provide an update here when I have more information to share.

Regards,

Ben

ttscoff
Explorer | Level 4

Everything about the web app seems to be working correctly, but I'm getting an error 500 when I try to access version history on a file. Status board doesn't report any issues.

Front D.2
Helpful | Level 7

Same issue for at least the last couple of days, multiple browsers.

Brambles
New member | Level 2

Also same problem which persists on all browser and after following suggested approaches on each

Brambles
New member | Level 2

Any updates on this Ben?

Imran44
New member | Level 2

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
I got this error after trying to see Version History of my file, can someone help please.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @Brambles,

Thanks for checking in. We're still looking into it, but I'll let you know when we have an update!

Mark
Super User II

@BenDBX wrote:

Hi @Brambles,

Thanks for checking in. We're still looking into it, but I'll let you know when we have an update!

Can it not be escalated to update the Status page? This issue has been going on now since last Wednesday but still isnt on the status page? 😞

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

I've received word that a fix has been released. This should be resolved, but if you're still getting an error when retrieving version history, please let me know here!

Thanks,

Ben

MelGold
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you! My Version History now works!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Front D.2 Helpful | Level 7
    MelGold Helpful | Level 6
    BenDBX Community Manager
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?