cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Duplicating files locks the file name (Mac Desktop App)

Duplicating files locks the file name (Mac Desktop App)

MissDylan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since updating to Ventura 13.4.1 whenever I duplicate a file, I'm unable to change the name of the file. I can open it and make edits, and I can edit the original file's name, but not the duplicate. When I duplicate to local files, the issue doesn't persist. When I duplicate to dropbox, it won't let me move the file to local.

10 Replies 10

TrickyD
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have exactly , the same problem - and it can lead to data loss , if you duplicate a word doc for example , you can't rename the copy in Finder , but Word will let you do a save as to a new name and word is happy its been saved , but it hasn't the new name will show as 0 bytes, so if you delete the copy you have no version on disk.

Dropbox just seems to be badly broken on Macos now - GoogleDrive and MS OneDrive on the same machine have no such issues but they still support removable disks - the removal of that  was when the problems started for me, so I'm migrating my files over to GoogleDrive and OneDrive and ending my dropbox subscription

Need more support?