cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox thinks I'm a new account even though I've been a subscriber for 12 years, all files gone

Dropbox thinks I'm a new account even though I've been a subscriber for 12 years, all files gone

NGK_Huang
New member | Level 2

Dropbox suddenly ask me to sign up when I'm going to sign in using the account that I have been use for 12 years.

Dropbox thinks I'm a new account, even though I've been a subscriber for 12 years. I don't have access to all of my files, have anyone seen this before?

No notification about account changes at all in my email from Dropbox!

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @NGK_Huang, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Is it possible you were part of a Dropbox Business team? When was the last time you logged into your account prior to this?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NGK_Huang
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

I have my own subscription using Dropbox Pro and Family previously, then I was invited to a Dropbox Business on May 2023 from a company and my own subscription cancelled automatically. I started using the Dropbox as usual and no notification about account deletion or subscription.

I have logged into my account on 28 October 2023 and has no issue at all.

I tried to login today and suddenly the Dropbox ask me to sign up, I found out all of my flies are gone. 

Please help. 

Thank You

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, it sounds like you joined a Dropbox Business team, meaning the team admin had full control over your account. They have most likely deleted your account entirely given what you're experiencing now.

I'd recommend contacting them to restore your account, provided it hasn't been longer than 7 days since the deletion, and then convert it back to a personal plan away from the team.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NGK_Huang
New member | Level 2

Ok Jay, thank you for the information, I will contact them to restore all of my files. 

I will update the result later.

Thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NGK_Huang New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?