cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox files disappeared without reasons

Dropbox files disappeared without reasons

sysjl1
New member | Level 2

I have been a dropbox user for like at least 8 years. I went to use it today and all my files are gone. I only use the web interface. I do not have it installed on my workstation. 

I went to add 2 new files and found all my old files/folders gone. I was able to login to this account as an existing account. 

I did not delete these files. 

Please advise. 

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@sysjl1 wrote:

I have been a dropbox user for like at least 8 years. I went to use it today and all my files are gone.

When was the last time you signed in to the account? Do you see anything listed on your Events page?

sysjl1
New member | Level 2

I logged in within the last couple of months. I only see the 2 uploads I did today on the events page. The filter is set to all events. I had many folders and many files. It would have taken significant effort for me to delete all of this manually. So it must have been a system issue. Any ideas?

Rich
Super User II

@sysjl1 wrote:

I only see the 2 uploads I did today on the events page.

If you're only seeing two entries on the Events page, then it sounds like you're signed in to a new, empty account. Verify that you're signing in with the correct email address.

If there's a chance that it's been more than a couple months since you last signed in, keep in mind that if the account was idle for more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    sysjl1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?