cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete shared folder on hard disk without being able to access Dropbox online.

Delete shared folder on hard disk without being able to access Dropbox online.

germanpousa
New member | Level 2

I have a shared folder on my hard drive that I want to delete, but without affecting the Cloud.
I don't have access to the email so I can't log in to Dropbox.

How can I make sure that I have been removed from the active members? Or how am I sure I can delete it without accessing the mail?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@germanpousa wrote:

I have a shared folder on my hard drive that I want to delete, but without affecting the Cloud.

If your goal is to simply remove it from your local drive, use Selective Sync and uncheck the folder. It will be removed locally but will remain in your account online.

If you want to remove the folder from your account entirely, you'll need to sign in to your account on the Dropbox website and remove it from your Sharing page. There's no way to remove a share from your account other than through the website.

I don't have access to the email so I can't log in to Dropbox.

Is this your email address and Dropbox account? If so, you should do whatever you can to regain access to the email address. Without it, you can be locked out of the account with no way to get back in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?