cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete option in photo preview! Please!

Delete option in photo preview! Please!

Joan S.18
Helpful | Level 6

It's truly frustrating that there's no delete button on the photo / video preview screen. The only way I know if it's an image I want to keep or delete is to view it in larger form, not as a thumbnail!!   Having to page back from preview to thumbnail -- and hoping I still have correct image checked in thumbnail -- simply to delete a file is time consuming and frustrating.    I've seen that others have suggested this as far back as 2017, and you've chosen to ignore this very logical and necessary function.   If you refuse to offer this function, I'd love to know the rationale. 

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Joan S.18, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with us.

From what I gather you'd like to delete some files from your account from their preview and not their folder's structure - correct? 

There should be an option to delete the file you're previewing through the ellipsis (...) icon on the top of the page. Are you not seeing this button on your end?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?