cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't restore deleted files.

Can't restore deleted files.

daliasobhi
Explorer | Level 3
I used to have a premium access. But now I downgraded it. But I have received two emails that I have some files deleted and actually I didn’t understand the emails. I did not delete any files. But I have just figured that the dropbox files on my laptop are empty. So I just want to restore them on my laptop. This is so weird. Please as these are really important stuff it was from years.

After downgrading, there should be any tips how to keep your files locally.  I already have dropbox folder locally.

Kindly help its all my work stuff so am so worried and the support are not replying to me.

4 Replies 4

daliasobhi
Explorer | Level 3

This is my ticket number:

ID #24235505 

daliasobhi
Explorer | Level 3

Hello when I also open my pdf files I receive this:
Error (400)
Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @daliasobhi, sorry to hear about that! 

Have you tried restoring your content using your deleted files page, or events page? You can always follow the steps in the email, in order to get your content back. 

Was it shared content, by any chance? In any case, I located your ticket number, and an agent will be with you shortly. 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

daliasobhi
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Megan for your reply 

Yeah I did so, but still there are some files empty. If I open their version history, I get this error:

Error (400)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

daliasobhi Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?