cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I undo the multi-file organize?

Can I undo the multi-file organize?

emkep20
Explorer | Level 3

I am having trouble organizing my images in dropbox. I wanted to organize them by dragging them so I can do it custom, but it won't let me, so I went to Organize then Multi-File Organize, and it separated everything into subfolders. I do not want this and now I do not know how to get rid of the subfolders and just have one folder with everything in it. 

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @emkep20, thanks for joining our Community.

Unfortunately, there's no button or option that will allow you to undo what you have done, but have you tried going back and following the same steps, to see if it allows you to reverse the organization that you did?

Does this also show up in your events page?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

emkep20
Explorer | Level 3

It will not allow me to reverse it. If I delete everything and re upload the photos, will they go back into the subfolders I want to get rid of, or will it reset?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

You should be okay deleting and re-uploading everything.

Just keep in mind that if you want all the files to be in one folder, I would suggest first creating the folder and then uploading all the files in it.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, let me know!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

emkep20
Explorer | Level 3
The issue was the sub folders. I already had a folder, I just wanted to get rid of the sub folders. Is that possible ?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Not automatically, no. You can do it the way you described before, though, and you should be good!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey @emkep20 ,

I work on the product team here at Dropbox. If you have files spread across subfolders and want to bring them back to one specific folder, I would suggest trying to go into those subfolders, selecting all the files with the checkbox in the top right corner of the page next to the layout toggles, and right clicking them. This should open up a menu with "Move". From there you can navigate through your folders and and select the folder you want to move them to. 

Once everything has been moved back to where you want it, you can delete the empty subfolders by selecting them, right clicking, and choosing "Delete".

Need more support?