cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I access a second account from Windows Explorer?

Can I access a second account from Windows Explorer?

Stu53
New member | Level 2

<I have a personal Dropbox Basic which I have used for some time and particularly appreciate the ability to access files via Windows Explorer. I recently set up a second Dropbox Basic to handle business files with a different email, but I can't seem to access this new Dropbox via Explorer. What am i missing folks?

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Stu53 wrote:

... What am i missing folks?

Hm...🤔 Probably you missed to set up you new, just created, Dropbox account in your installed Dropbox application that works still with the previous account. 🙋

Happy new year.

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff

Hello @Stu53 

Helen from Dropbox here.

So, you would like to access both your Dropbox accounts via the Desktop App / File Explorer on the same Windows device?

You can switch between two linked Dropbox accounts on dropbox.com, the Dropbox desktop app, and the Dropbox mobile app. Learn how to link or unlink Dropbox accounts.

There’s no need to switch between linked accounts in File Explorer (Windows). Once you link them and log into both in the app, both Dropbox account folders can be opened from wherever you store them in File Explorer. 

However, here’s the bad news!  😞  Dropbox Basic accounts can’t be linked with each other. If you’re on Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family, Professional, or Essentials, you can only link your account with a Dropbox Standard, Advanced, Business, Business Plus, or Enterprise account, or vice versa.

Perhaps, you could share a folder from one account to the other, if you have the space.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Helen
The Dropbox Team
https://www.dropbox.com/help 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Helen DBX Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?