cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alphabet slider on the Dropbox app on iOS doesn't work with folders

Alphabet slider on the Dropbox app on iOS doesn't work with folders

Megrstephens
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On Dropbox app iPhone iOS 15
There is an alphabet slider that you can use to jump to different parts of your dropbox quickly. You used to be able to use it for any file in dropbox, but now it doesn’t work for folders. is there a possibility of correcting the situation so that the alphabet slider also works for the photos like it used to? I currently have 160 folders and when I want to search through them I can either jump to the very top or the very bottom. It won’t take me to the letter I click on which can be time consuming when you are looking for certain things a lot of the time. is it possible to fix the alphabet slider to work with the folders again?

24 Replies 24

SConnon
Helpful | Level 6

I did uninstall and reinstall the app a month or so ago when you first mentioned a scrubber and I have emptied the cache several times now. I have never seen a scrubber. I only held the 3 dots down because I was doing anything I could possibly think of to find this thing you call a scrubber. Please bring back the alphabet finder, which worked perfectly.

SConnon
Helpful | Level 6

I finally found this scrubber feature you mentioned! It was apparently hiding behind my finger during active scrolling and so I wasn't seeing it. However, now that I have found it and tried it a few times, I find that it isn't useful for me and I will not use it going forward. Maybe its more useful for folders with thousands of files, but not useful for my folders with hundred of files. The Alphabet selector worked so well. I would love to see it come back.

Megrnorman
Helpful | Level 6

This is not an acceptable solution. It’s still is not as savvy as the alphabet bar, and it does not function as quickly either. Additionally, it does not extend to folders so you are still stuck using a regular arrow scrubber. So many people have asked for this to be resolved by bringing back the original alphabet scrubber. I realize that it may be difficult, clearly there seems to be some type of code conflict that you guys seem to be unable to resolve or something? Regardless, this isn’t a situation of people being stuck in the past and unable to let go of a function that’s no longer serving them. This function was extremely paramount in quickly, easily, and accurately navigating a dropbox with several hundreds of folders. Please take this time to really read through your now several threads regarding this issue and listen to your users. We do pay for service, and with that we have expectations we hope you uphold and I hope you decide to do better by your community base

Broadwaymhl
Helpful | Level 6
Agreed!

GreggM
Helpful | Level 6

Well-spoken.  I could not agree more.   
Dropbox, PLEASE help us!! 

Need more support?