cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: sharing photos from dropbox to instagram using PC

sharing photos from dropbox to instagram using PC

Marianne E.2
New member | Level 1

I want to share photos from my PC to my Instagram, what I have googled suggests Dropbox but cannot see how to transfer from Dropbox to Instagram. I am ready to cancel my Instagram as it seems to only like mobile devices

6 Replies 6

yvernorthum
New member | Level 2

Yes, Instagram is a mobile-dominant, made for mobile app. The transferring from PC or Mac to Instagram involves an extra step and that is Dropbox, however, it isn't as easy as that. 

How to upload from PC or Mac to Instagram:

On phone, download the Dropbox app.

Enter the app and locate file in Dropbox you want.

From there, open the file to view and from there go to options and choose export

Export to phone's photo storage.

Go to home screen on phone and from there go to the phone's photos

The dropbox photo should be there and you can then upload to Instagram.

Any other way? Like, directly from desktop to Instagram? Naw, fam, don't think so right now that actually works for everybody and benefits the community. The technology is getting better. 

SWalsh2011
New member | Level 2

I have actually found a way, it works on internet explorer if you have it if not I can still walk you though the process. If you need to get in touch with me to find out a way you can reach me at [personal information removed]

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there @SWalsh2011

Initially, please note that I’ve removed personal information included in your post for security and privacy purposes. 

Nonetheless though, could you please let us know here what steps you followed using Internet explorer as it may be helpful for other users experiencing this?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cmart6
Helpful | Level 5
Is there a way to share a video (.avi) file in my online Dropbox account to my Instagram account, from a PC?
Thanks, Art

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @cmart6, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

If you have the desktop app installed, you'll have a local Dropbox folder with the files that you have in your account.

As such, you can attach a photo to a message you'd like to send to another user on Instagram, like you would via any other folder on your computer. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi all!

We've just released a feature that enables you to publish videos and photos to Instagram and Facebook from the Dropbox web surface. It's currently available to select users only. Open the preview of a video or photo file to try it out! 

If you don't see a publish button, you may not be in the test group. If so, feel free to reach out and we can add you to the experience. 🙂 

Need more support?