cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac mail emails into drop box

mac mail emails into drop box

smckeon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I saved emails from mac mail into my drop box and transferred them to someone but the emails are RTF files and they can't see any of the attachments or photos in the email. Any one hav this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smckeon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Nancy. I think you are correct I have since learned I need a RTF to PDF converter Thank you

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@smckeon wrote:

I saved emails from mac mail into my drop box and transferred them to someone but the emails are RTF files and they can't see any of the attachments or photos in the email. Any one hav this issue?

RTF, or Rich Text File, isn't a mail file type. It's just a document file. They don't have attachments, though they can have images embedded in them. If your intent is to transfer email messages with attachments and such intact, you'll likely need to save them as a file type meant for emails, such as EML or MSG files.

smckeon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you for your reply but it does not allow me to save it to any of those extensions 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @smckeon, sorry for jumping in. 

You may need to use a third-party app in this case, in order to convert these files.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

smckeon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Nancy. I think you are correct I have since learned I need a RTF to PDF converter Thank you
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

smckeon Helpful | Level 6
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?