cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: good reader will not connect with dropbox

good reader will not connect with dropbox

trotfx
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

hi when trying to access dropbox via goodreader i get the following error message: ERROR invalid server response: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

on my other Ipad I didnot experience any problems.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@trotfx wrote:

ERROR invalid server response: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

Are you using the latest version of the Goodreader app? One of the reasons for error 400 is an app that uses Dropbox API v1, which was retired last year. Any app still using API v1 to connect to Dropbox would fail with a 400 error.

You need to make sure you're using the current version of the app, assuming that it has been updated to use API v2. If this continues to be a problem, you'll need to contact Goodreader Support for further assistance as only they can troubleshoot their application.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @trotfx!

Could you please send us a screenshot of the error message that you’re seeing (omitting any personal info) so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

Thanks in advance! :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

trotfx
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

hi Lusil,

this is the msg. GR dropb.jpg

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@trotfx wrote:

ERROR invalid server response: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

Are you using the latest version of the Goodreader app? One of the reasons for error 400 is an app that uses Dropbox API v1, which was retired last year. Any app still using API v1 to connect to Dropbox would fail with a 400 error.

You need to make sure you're using the current version of the app, assuming that it has been updated to use API v2. If this continues to be a problem, you'll need to contact Goodreader Support for further assistance as only they can troubleshoot their application.

trotfx
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

hi Rich and Lusil,

thanks for your support. I just reinstalled GR on my Ipad and now it works.

@Rich maybe it was the older version.

Robert

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @trotfx!

If you have any other questions in the future, just give us a shout. In the mean time, have a wonderful weekend ahead! :laughing:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?