cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Technical support

Why don't I have access to support on an Essentials trial? Why can't users join a shared folder?

bingamoon
Explorer | Level 3

I am a recent user of dropbox and signed up for the essential account. I have encountered an issue and have been trying to reach dropbox support unsuccessfully. Under the support page there are options as how to contact support which are 1. submit a request, 2. chat and 3. request call back. However all those options are grayed out and i cannot choose any of them as a method of contacting the support folks. Why is that, since under the essential plan i am supposed to be able to get direct technical support form dropbox? 

13 Replies 13

Rich
Super User II

@bingamoon wrote:

Under the support page there are options as how to contact support which are 1. submit a request, 2. chat and 3. request call back. However all those options are grayed out ...

Make sure you're signed in with the Essentials account when you access the Support page. The options available to you will vary based on the account you're signed in with. If you're not signed in or you're signed in with a Basic account, none of those options would be available.

If you're certain that you're signed in with the correct account and you still can't access the appropriate options for your account, visit your Plan page and verify the plan that you're on.

bingamoon
Explorer | Level 3

Rich,

I am logged in and had purchased the essential package with 3 TB of storage and i have  1 month of trial period. When i look at my storage capacity it shows that i have 3 TB which confirms that that i have the essential package however the current plan on my main page shows basic. So here is the dilemma, i signed up for essential and they automatically put me on 1 month trial period, and it shows that i have 3TB storage however, the current plan shows Basic. So which is it? so even though i have chosen the essential package but not have the essential membership benefits then what is the trial period good for? it supposed to let you people explore and use the features to decide whether to keep it or not. But if i am restricted to Basic benefits during the trial period how can i evaluate the essential benefits to see how it works for me?  

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bingamoon, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you access this page and attach a screenshot showing the plan and quota you're seeing?

Additionally, do you see any confirmed payments (with an invoice and receipt) on this page on your account?

This will help me to assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bingamoon
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jay, here is the screen shot of the email i received from Dropbox when i upreared to the essential membership. 

bingamoon_0-1729708695912.png

Mark
Super User II

Ah, you are on a trial @bingamoon. Full support options are only available when you have paid. 

Trials do not get the full feature set of support until paid in full. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bingamoon
Explorer | Level 3

Jay, here is the screen shot from my account that shows i have 3 TB of storage and i have used ,9 TB so far which means that i had uprated to the essential package to be able to get the 3TB storage. 

bingamoon_1-1729708960114.png

bingamoon
Explorer | Level 3

So Jay, my problem is that after upgrading to the 3TB membership that came with my essential package, i uploaded a folder and shared it with someone else only to get a reply from that person that when he tries to access the folder he gets the following message " 

bingamoon_2-1729709297560.png

So i checked my account to see what is going on and saw that i have plenty of space left under the essential membership so why this person is unable to access the folder i shared. Then i tried to contact dropbox support and noticed that none of the contact options are available to me so then i used the community help center to find out whats going on. so here we are.... what am i supposed to do Jay? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info, as you're on a trial subscription, the normal support options aren't available until the first payment is made.

Regarding your query, shared folders take up quota on all accounts, so they would also need to upgrade to join that shared folder, as sounds like it's larger than the 2 GB quota on a Basic plan.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bingamoon
Explorer | Level 3

Jay this is getting too convoluted and confusing for me. All i want to do is share my folder with someone else and have that person to make changes and make edits to the items in the folder in this case video files.  so how do i do that? does the other person need to have a higher storage account to be able to work within my folder? and if so why? so i need to upgrade and he needs to upgrade in order to be able to share and work out of the same files?

Need more support?