cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I upload my files to a shared folder? Getting a message that my storage is full

Why can't I upload my files to a shared folder? Getting a message that my storage is full

anna4lisa
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have gotten a link to join a shared map in dropbox. The person who shared it with me said there should be enough space to upload my files. I think he is a paid user. I use the basic plan so I only have 2GB. 

When I upload my files I get a notification that my storage is full and can not upload more. But I am uploading it to a map from a paid user where there should be plenty of storage space.

Why is it not possible for me to upload my files to someone els's map?

greetings,

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @anna4lisa - welcome to our Community!

Shared folders do take up space on the accounts that are members of the share and for more information you can have a look here.

In this case, you ask your collaborator to open a file request for you instead, as this would not impact your own account's quota.

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?