cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Copy Dropbox Link?

Where is Copy Dropbox Link?

JoeWood
Helpful | Level 6

Folks, I used to be able to R clik the folder I want to share and 'Copy Dropbox Link'.

Now with a new puter and windows 11, I dion't see that option?

how do I share a folder now??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JoeWood
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the hep Mark, I had two accounts so logged out of the wrong one and into the correct one and I see my files and can copy the links!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

Have you installed Dropbox on it and is it running?

www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JoeWood
Helpful | Level 6

I'm not sure Mark, we copied the hardrive with all the files and programs and out it on a larger HD on the new puter.

JoeWood
Helpful | Level 6

Now what happened. I clicked that link and I guess started downloading DBox. I saw a window that had something about Rename? Not sure what I did but now when I open the desktop shortcut none of the files and folders are in there?

Mark
Super User II

@JoeWood wrote:

I'm not sure Mark, we copied the hardrive with all the files and programs and out it on a larger HD on the new puter.

Unless you have installed Dropbox it wont work. 

You need to install it and follow the advanced option prompts to put the folder/directory where it was before. Give it time to then sync/index/update and all will be good.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JoeWood
Helpful | Level 6

Should I remove DBox first, it obviously was installed, as I was looking at it today from the desktop shortcut?

JoeWood
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the hep Mark, I had two accounts so logged out of the wrong one and into the correct one and I see my files and can copy the links!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JoeWood Helpful | Level 6
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?